Project Officer – Farming Systems
Holbrook Landcare Network is seeking an experienced and motivated person to coordinate and deliver a range of project activities related to improving the productivity, profitability and sustainability of farming systems in the high rainfall mixed farming area of the Murray region. The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a small dynamic team working closely with leading farmers and industry experts to drive on ground change in the sustainable production of food and fibre.
The position is initially offered as part time (15hr/week) for a fixed term to 30th June 2020, however opportunities exist to increase the weekly hours and tenue of the role pending future project opportunities.
For further information see the Position Description, Application Process & Selection Criteria below or you can contact Dale Stringer at [email protected] on 0428 409 680
Applications close by 11pm Sunday 20th of October 2019
APPLICATION PROCESS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
To apply, please provide ALL the following:
• Brief covering letter, outlining why you are seeking this position (1 page maximum)
• Your current resume including contact details for two referees, which should include a current or recent employer or supervisor.
• Your claims against each of the Selection Criteria. Please respond to each criteria directly.
• Complete applications addressed to Dale Stringer by email at [email protected] by 11pm Sunday 20th of October 2019.
SELECTION CRITERIA – Applicants must address each of the essential selection criteria with relevant examples.
1. Undergraduate qualification and relevant working experience in agriculture, agronomy or soils management or equivalent.
2. Relevant experience in working with landholders or groups to facilitate decision making regarding on farm practice change and land management.
3. Demonstrated understanding of farming systems and land management challenges in high rainfall mixed farming area of the Murray region.
4. High level interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation and ability to work in a team environment, both with project partners and other Holbrook Landcare staff
5. Demonstrated ability in project management including: developing and writing funding applications, delivering activities to a timeline, managing budgets, record keeping and report writing
6. Well developed written and oral communication skills, including competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite, email and online systems.
7. A current drivers license.
For a copy of the Position Description – go to: https://holbrooklandcare.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/PO_Farming-Systems-PD.pdf
- Posted by Holbrook Landcare Admin
- 0 Comments