S2S Bushlinks is open for the final round of funding before the project finishes in June 2017.
This is the last opportunity for Bushlinks revegetation projects with plants going in July – September 2016.
Even if you are unsure about the timing of the project, we strongly recommend that you get an application in this round.
Projects are scored based on:
- Connectivity value : does it link other patches or form a new patch of habitat? (40%)
- Landscape Value : how much vegetation is already in a 1000ha radius around the site? (10%)
- Habitat Values : does the site already have habitat values, like old paddock trees in it? (20%)
- Area:perimeter ratio: block plantings = high score versus long, skinny = Low score (20%)
- Carbon value : potential carbon sequestration value determined by ha revegetation and rainfall zone(10%)
Applications will be approved from the highest to the lowest scores until all the funding is committed. For the funding levels and more detailed project guidelines, go to here
If you have a project you are interested in doing, contact Kylie (0418198522) or Claire at the Holbrook Landcare Network Office 0260363181 to have a chat and arrange a site visit.
Applications need to be received by FRIDAY 18th MARCH.
- Posted by Holbrook Landcare Admin
- 0 Comments